The Hundred Club is a small lottery licensed by Eden District Council:
Great Salkeld Village Hall & Reading Room – 100 Club Rules
- The 100 Club will operate as a Small Lottery as defined by the Gambling Act 2005.
- The object of the Club is to raise funds for Great Salkeld Village Hall & Reading Room.
- The Club will be run under the supervision of the Great Salkeld Village Hall Committee who will also administer the Club. The administrator is currently Philip Bowden (01768 898910)
- The club is open to all residents of Great Salkeld village and the surrounding area, their family and friends,
- Members must be 16 or over.
- Entry will be by subscription of £1 per week per number, paid in advance. Payment may be by cash, cheque or standing order.
- Members may have more than one number.
- New members will be admitted when numbers become available. A waiting list will be kept and numbers will be offered to the first person on the list.
- The draw will be weekly each Friday and will be drawn in the Highland Drove. This will be administered by a member of the committee who must be present during the draw.
- Winners will be contacted personally and names will be posted monthly in Connect magazine and weekly on the Highland Drove notice board.
- The regular monthly prize fund will be approximately 50% of the monthly Income.
Weekly prize (drawn each Friday except the last Friday in the month) = £30
Monthly prize (drawn on the last Friday of the month) = £100
Prizes may be reviewed periodically by the committee and are based on all 100 numbers being allocated.
- Registers will be kept recording the name and address of each member, the number(s) allocated to them and the subscriptions received from them.
- Unless otherwise advised, a member will be deemed to have left the Club if his or her renewal of subscription remains unpaid for a period of six weeks after being contacted by the administrator.
- If a winner cannot be contacted, the winnings will be placed into Great Salkeld Village Hall Funds after 6 months.