A great facility in a thriving village – come and enjoy the experience
Over recent years Great Salkeld Village Hall has been upgraded and now boasts to be one of the best traditional village hall’s in the Eden Valley. The hall is managed by an active village group and is regularly used by groups from within the village as well as other local organisations.
Hall Facilities include:
- Double Glazed for warmth and privacy
- Choice of Room Size
- Heating included and Hirer Controlled
- Fully integrated PA and music system
- Excellent Acoustics with Sound Loop System and sound dampening fittings
- Disabled Access to Main Hall & Toilets
- Comfortable seating for up to 100
- Dining for up to 90
- Modern Kitchen with: Cooker and Eyelevel Oven – Warming Tray & Cupboard with Serving Surface – Crockery, Cutlery and Glassware included – Good Dish Washing Facilities
- Flexible Table and Comfortable Seating
- Maintained by on-site Caretaker
The Main Hall, Thompson Room and kitchen are available for hire and the management committee of the village hall would be pleased to receive enquiries.
See Great Salkeld village hall map for location.
– Main Hall – 100 seated. 60 for dancing
– Thompson Room – 40 with bar. 60 seated without bar
– Total 120 for both rooms
Charges below are for community use, for business users please see the page Scale of Charges (Sept 1st 2015)
– Main Hall: Regular Booking £7.00. Casual Booking £8.00
– Thompson Room: Regular Booking £5.00. Casual Booking £6.00
– Main Hall + Kitchen: Regular Booking £8.00. Casual Booking £10.00
– Thompson Room + Kitchen: Regular Booking £6.00. Casual Booking £8.00
– All Three Rooms: Regular Booking £10.00. Casual Booking £12.00
– Daily rates – discount of 20% over 6 hours, 40% for regular users over 6 hours.
Outside Hire of Equipment per day:
Terms of Hire
For full terms and conditions please read Standard Conditions of Hire ( Sept 15)
Please also see the Scale of Charges (Sept 1st 2015).
– Daily rates – discount of 20% over 6 hours or 40% for regular users over 6 hours.
– Hire of kitchen includes use of cutlery and crockery.
– Bookings are to be made through the caretaker.
– An official Booking Form (Updated Aug 2015) should be filled in by all organisations for insurance purposes.
– The Hall has an alcohol licence which can be used by the hirer at the discretion of the Hall Committee.
– Bookings of more than one day are negotiable, please contact the Treasurer.
– The hirer is responsible for setting up and clearing up.
– If the hirer wishes to cancel a booking before the date of the event the following cancellation charges apply:
- 4 weeks or more before the event – no charge
- 2-4 weeks before the event – 50% charge
- 2 weeks or less before the event – full charge.
Great Salkeld Village Hall Special Conditions (SC) of Hire during COVID-19 Pandemic
The village Hall committee (VHC) are pleased to announce that after a full risk assessment the Hall will be open again from the 1st August. Initially only the main hall and kitchen will be open with reduced capacity and the committee will monitor and update guidance as it evolves. Anyone who wishes to use the hall will need to adhere to current government guidelines and agree and sign a new special conditions of hire form. Hirers will also need to undertake their own risk assessment which will need to be submitted to the VHC prior to hire of the hall being approved.
For more information see COVID-19 Help and Support Page
Please contact Mike King caretaker or any members of the village hall committee if you have any questions or concerns.
How to Book
Please complete this Booking Form (Updated Aug 2015)
Any enquiries please contact Mr Mike King: telephone on 01768 870074
Click below to download the Fire Evacuation Procedures. (updated Sept 2015) and a map showing the location of fire exits and extinguisher points.
Chairperson: Dr J A Thompson
Treasurer: P Bowden
Bookings: Mr Mike King telephone on 01768 870074
Registered Charity No. 228168
For a full list of Committee Members click the link below:
For a full list of key holders click the link below: